Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Trying to decide on living in Austin Tx or Cali i know austin would be cheaper, but i luv the beach. Help!?

I am a single woman from Louisiana %26amp; I am ready for a change so I am planning on moving %26amp; going back to school. Austin would be nice bc of the music schene there %26amp; its close to my family, however I spent 4 yrs in FL %26amp; i am very much in love with the beach life.........I am torn %26amp; scared of making the wrong decision...any input will help me. thankx
Trying to decide on living in Austin Tx or Cali i know austin would be cheaper, but i luv the beach. Help!?
Austin is definitely cheaper. I have alot of friends from California, mostly the Bay area. Their families moved to Texas because our houses are about 1\3 the price in Cali. Austin has alot of lakes. They are not the same as the ocean but you are sure to a nice tan. There is an awesome music scene and we don't have really bad traffic like LA either. Texas is also one of the few states that has'nt been affected very badly by the recession. Austin is one of the cities that is doing the best. We have alot of industry here: Dell, Samsung, IBM, etc.
Trying to decide on living in Austin Tx or Cali i know austin would be cheaper, but i luv the beach. Help!?
I lived in Florida for 7 years before moving to Texas and I know what you mean about missing the beach. I've lived in or around Austin for 30+ years now. What's great about Austin is the lakes. There are tons of swimming holes all over, so even though it's not Florida sand, there's plenty of opportunity to soak up the sun and go swimming. Port Aransas is only 4 hours away when you really need a beach fix. It's not the same as the Florida beaches, but it's got sand, sun and waves and you can drive on the beach. Austin is a very nice place to live.
I'd be thinking of a job and economic survival before I thought of tasty waves and a cool buzz.