Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I was wondering the other day i was in south fl how many residents of palm beach county actually commute to--?

Miami to work. I know a lot of them commute to broward county to work, but im wondering what percentage work in dade county and vice versa what percentage commute from dade to palm beach county, I know there is not too many jobs in palm beach, but is that changing at all is palm beach getting more companys moving there and is it becoming more like broward county gradually. Seems like everybody down there never likes to commute that far, but to me its not that bad, only an hour to and hour and half on I95 not that bad, people in new jersey or connecticut commute about that much all the time to nyc no problem but everybody in south fl acts like palm beach excluding the south part (boca) as if it is so far.
I was wondering the other day i was in south fl how many residents of palm beach county actually commute to--?
Can't answer the Miami portion of your question but I work in Deerfield Bch (Broward), and about a third of the people in the office live in PB County. But the fact that Deerfield is right on the PBC line is a factor as well- not as far south as Dade Cty.
I was wondering the other day i was in south fl how many residents of palm beach county actually commute to--?
I guess it really depends on that person's tolerance of traffic. On the turnpike, the roads tend to be quieter and it's easier to travel, but it costs. Otherwise, I-95 can be cluttered often so I would personally understand why people don't enjoy the commute. I used to travel from North Broward county to North Miami and back and I absolutely hated it. Especially over the summer when it would pour. It took an hour each way and the fuel costs were rediculous and this was before it was over $2.50 a gallon. A few times there would be some sort of traffic jam caused by an accident or nothing at all and a distance that far will limit the detours. Also, if a person has a comfortable and fuel efficient car it could make a difference.

With NYC being such a huge financial city, I'm sure many people won't give up their jobs but can't afford to live in the city itself so they commute. I know that several people take trains as well.

Again, it all depends on the person's desire to drive. Some people don't mind it, some do. Personally, I do and the whole scenerio causes higher demands for fuel and a larger carbon footprint anyway.

Hope this answers your question.