Thursday, September 15, 2011

How can I get 'beach' waves with my relaxed hair?

My hair is relaxed (and healthy!) but I want a change of hairstyles. I was wondering how I could get those lovely waves you see on Kate Hudson, Selena Gomez, and sometimes Tyra Banks does it as well! I know she has a weave lol, but that's the style I'm trying to achieve.
How can I get 'beach' waves with my relaxed hair?
To start, it always helps to start off with drying your hair so it is flat. A middle part generally works best as well. Have a 1-inch curling iron, and seperate 2-inch sections of your hair. Instead of curling it the typical way, take the 2-inch section and WRAP it around the barrel of the curling iron, then open and close the iron gently for about 5-10 seconds (depending on how much of a curl/wave). Something that also helps, if you have time, is pinning the wave to your head, and letting it down when it's dry. It definitely helps to have hair passed shoulder length. Also try using Bumble and Bumble hairspray (any hairspray really....) to hold the waves! Hope this helps. (:
How can I get 'beach' waves with my relaxed hair?
get your hair straightener first



take like an inch or two of hair



clump a few inches after your roots of the hair and turn it 180 degrees



hold it a few seconds, depend of your straightener, then let it



you'll have a little bump



do the same but a little lower, and so on





you'll get beach waves that way, like this:



http://modernsalon.com/ccmsimages/howto/鈥?/a>



this is only the curves, it's not styled but styling you can do it on your own
straighten it. but when i say that I don't mean straighten the crap out of it. run it through quick, run your fingers through it (while it still hot) and move on, then comb it.
  • what are the benefits of owning a home
  • client time
  •