Saturday, September 24, 2011

How long should I wait to change my naval ring?

I'm getting married on the beach in June nI really wanna change it before I go. The piercer said I could come back in 2 weeks for him to change it. But I read on here people say to wait longer. I just wanna know how long everybody else waited before they changed it? I just got it done 2 days ago. I don't wanna change it now. But at least before I go get married.
How long should I wait to change my naval ring?
i waited longer than 2 weeks, but it depends on how it feels. if it is sore or tender, then don't change it. It will get infected and be even more sore.



maybe when you want to change it, go back to the piercer and ask what he thinks. he would know more than us xD
How long should I wait to change my naval ring?
It's best to wait six weeks after the original date.. it can get infected.
By June it should be okay to change it. I was told to wait at least three months and by then it was completely healed. But two months should be okay, if it doesn't get infected.
I was told 6-8 weeks, but changed mine after about 4 weeks. At first it was fine, but then I started changing it too often and I eventually had to take it out because it was starting to migrate. I saw whenever you decide to change it (and I would wait at least a month), instead of doing it yourself, go back to your piercer and have them change it for you.
Well the man who pierced mine said I should wait 6 months to change it, if I wanted it to be completely healed and have no risk of infection when I do it.

But he said if I 'thought it would be a good idea,' i could do four months.

I definitely don't think 2 weeks is enough.
I waited until its was healed (about a year for me, but they can be healed in 6 months), which is what's advisable. You can change them sooner, you just run the risk of irritating the piercing and setting back healing.



However, if your piercer changes it, that's the best way to go if you really must have it changed before it's healed. Professional piercers have the knowledge and skill to change the piercing with minimal trauma.



Happy piercing, and congrats on the wedding ;)