Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm going to the beach tomorrow and i have my period....what should i do? (girls only plz!)?

i'm going to the beach tomorrow with my best friend (we're both 17 %26amp; girls). i have my period and the problem with using a tampon is that i got my period yesterday so my flow is pretty heavy. i have to use a tampon and a pad b/c the tampon always leaks on its own. and i don't have many chances to change my tampon at the beach (plus i don't want to risk a leak). what should i do? go in the water up to my shorts and tell my friend the situation?
I'm going to the beach tomorrow and i have my period....what should i do? (girls only plz!)?
Do NOT use a few tampons.

Just tell your friends the problem and then if you run to the bathroom a lot then they will understand.
I'm going to the beach tomorrow and i have my period....what should i do? (girls only plz!)?
use a few tampons.
Go out before you go to the beach and buy a Super Plus tampon. It goes light, regular, super, super plus. That should hold your flow.
just be in a place at the beach where you can change your tampon - make sure there's a bathroom nearby?



or... maybe you could tell her the situation and hold off your plans for the beach for another couple days :/ thats what i would do. im pretty sure she'll understand because if that were her, she'd probably want the same.
put a fresh tampon in righhhht before you get into the water, and when you are in the water you actually do not bleed.

and since it comes out only droplets at a time, go to the bathroom as soon as you get out and you shouldn't leak :)
Oh crud your going to get eaten by sharks.... not really, im messin... just use a super tampon, the period kinda chills out in the ocean, I have never been to the beach on the period but my friends have not had problems with it, and I haven't had problems when I go to the pool, no promises though, my definition of heavy vs yours may be 2 completely different animals.
tampax pearl all the way girl, i used them when i swam and i was fine, i get a heavy flow i mean so heavy a super plus only lasts me 30 mins. get a pack of tampax pearl it has all 3 absorbancys so you are covered for all your days weather heavy or light! and they have a leak guard skirt i have never had a leak!
tampons are your best friends (: but change them ever 3 hours or hello infection
I would just go in as far as you feel comfortable. If you dont' want to go in above your knees because of the situation, that is perfectly okay. When I went to the beach, I got my period the second day we were there. I couldn't insert a tampon because for some strange reason my flow wasn't as heavy as it normally is. I ended up doing exactly what you said you were going to have to do. Only go in up to my knees. It worked out fine and I was still able to get in the water, just not soak and wet. And yes, tell your friend the situation so she doesn't think you are being anti-social or something like that. She is a girl so she will completely understand. There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about.
explain to your friend why you cannot go
Use a tampon with a heavier absorbency.. There are super, super plus and some brands even have an Ultra. There should be a bathroom somewhere nearby, and if you use a higher absorbency you wouldn't have to change it as much.



If you aren't comfortable using a bigger tampon, then just wear the shorts, and tell your friend why you aren't going deeper.



And just so you know, water does NOT stop a period. The water just washes away the blood.
Just tell your friends. There girls they will understand. You never know maybe your best friend will be on hers to and you guys can have a period party... haha! inside joke.

Anyway... just get super plus tampons and run to the bathroom every once in a while...

Don't forget to have fun!
well i answers 2 days late from u going to the beach lol

how was the beach ?
  • baby name spelling
  • email
  •