Friday, October 7, 2011

What do you think of my first posted poem?

Summer Moods



Sometime the ocean is a child,

Giggling and rippling on the beach,

Suddenly it is a Dad

Storming, sweeping, thundering.



Sometimes the ocean is a lover,

Caressing me with warm, salt waves,

Becoming then a stern, harsh teacher,

Teaching me respect for power.



Sometimes the ocean is a friend,

Allowing me to dive and swim,

Then changing to a gentle mother,

Rocking me, holding me safe.
What do you think of my first posted poem?
I like the way you have personified all the moods of the ocean. I also live on the water and I can relate to your observations. I hope you will write more! please join us athttp://www.poetsofmars.com/. There are some really good poems there, and good teachers as well!
What do you think of my first posted poem?
means something. but its not a deep emotonal poem. must be a beginner
Beautiful! I love it, it's wonderful! Captures the many different moods of the ocean, most people just see it as a bunch of water, but only us poets can see the moods! %26lt;3



Read my poem? : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
its great i love writing poetry myself!

just a tip though you should find a different word to use rather then the word then.

eg. yet it changes to a gentle mother.

i wish you well in writing future masterpeices!
I enjoyed the different roles you gave the ocean, and gave vivid examples of how it filled each role. Keep writing!



ma