Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?

You see...I do A LOT of research in Real Estate.......and right now I live in the smoggy san joaquin valley of california. This research that I do..entitles me to stay in a home, for a year or more at a time, for free.



I found a home in Long Beach California, where I am working with the owner, and have permission to reside on their property [they're out of state/country owners]. This way the home doesnt get vandalized and we fix it up. I also rent manage other homes for these people as well, and use a real estate attorney quite frequently so everything is legit.



I have this deal all arranged, and have a month or so to decide if I want to pick up and move to long beach. I am 25, have no children, and all of my work pretty much is done at home, so transfering to an area by the beach would be a fun new change.



My other friends have obligations, [Pretty much children] and I dont want them to feel like I am leaving people I love behind, I am saying this in the kindest way possible.... So Im wondering, should I tell them the truth? Or should I say that my boss offered my fiance and I, a position to transfer, and we have the option to go live there [free] for a while. You see I told some of them that I have a %26quot;Boss%26quot; he's pretty much....me...they just dont understand the concept of self employment and how I dig through all this extensive computer research....for 40 hours a week, under my own terms, but somehow when I use the word %26quot;Boss%26quot; it's like %26quot;Oh she really is getting stuff done because she has a 'boss%26quot;...so what do you think?
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
You are an adult and under no obligation to explain your decisions to your friends! Just do what you want to do, no explanations are necessary.
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
You are who you are. Don't lie to make yourself look better, your family and friends already know you as you, so why bother.

Sounds like a fun move, do it and tell the truth, it is so much easier than being something you aren't.



Good luck!
If you have to lie to your friends about what you do for a living, are they really your friends?




The truth is best.You are the boss,you decide whether you will take the job and as you say you have to hunt for it.Go for it girl.Good luck.
Honesty is always the best policy.
Wait until your friends have dropped hints for the millionth time how much more important their lives are than yours because they have children and how meaningless yours is because you don't...the guilt of having your fabulous life will soon melt away.
Friends are people who take you as you are, for better and worse. If you have to lie to them for them to understand something...that is not a friend.
Who would pass on an opportunity to live on a beach? : ) I would just tell them that your moving and how this is an awesome opportunity for you! If my friend told me that i would be excited with them.
I think you could possibly lose these friends you care so much about with all the lies. You have reasoned with yourself into lies that truly make no sense.



You need to be more honest in life and evaluate why you feel the need to be so dishonest. Stop the lies immediately and you'll find your life will improve over the next few years when honesty is used daily.



Don't invent a boss or any other such thing. You really and truly sell your friends short when you believe they can't understand simple realities. Your inability to believe in them and simply explain your job is a problem only within your own mind.



It's time to grow up and put all the %26quot;small fibs%26quot; (as you call it) behind you and leave that teenaged mentality while you step into your new and honest adult role.



Go to your friends, get them all out for a dinner together or do it seperately. But get them all out and explain you haven't actually told the truth about your job and would like to do so now. Explain what you do and that you work for yourself. Explain that you are planning a move to the beach area for a year and hope to not lose touch with any of them. Apologize for lying and explain you simply didn't know how to express yourself before and realize that the lies (or fibs) were not the way you'd like to live any longer.



A lie, a fib... there is no color or size to them, and any other name means simply the same. They simply are a lie no matter what. Once you learn that very important lesson in life, your life will improve in every way.
oh shaddap!!!
Just tell the truth. If they're your friends, they will accept it.



Telling lies just leads to more and more lies. No end to it.
You negotiated it, you earned it. You should tell your friends that you work for yourself. I find that something to be proud of rather than looked down on.



I think you should move, tell your friends the truth, and then deal with the aftermath truthfully.
Be honest. Just tell them exactly what you said in the second paragraph. Explain to them that it's a good opportunity for a change you feel you need. They should understand.



I went through a similar stage too. I had a great job opportunity that gave me the chance to move out of the same area I had lived in my whole life (I grew up in one town and with the exception of a couple of summer jobs, lived within a couple of hours of that town). My job was fine and I had a good place to live. My roommate and I got along well, so it was difficult for people to understand why I did this. I just needed the change.
You don't have to tell them anything except that you're moving there for work. Frankly, you don't even have to tell them that.