Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?

You see...I do A LOT of research in Real Estate.......and right now I live in the smoggy san joaquin valley of california. This research that I do..entitles me to stay in a home, for a year or more at a time, for free.



I found a home in Long Beach California, where I am working with the owner, and have permission to reside on their property [they're out of state/country owners]. This way the home doesnt get vandalized and we fix it up. I also rent manage other homes for these people as well, and use a real estate attorney quite frequently so everything is legit.



I have this deal all arranged, and have a month or so to decide if I want to pick up and move to long beach. I am 25, have no children, and all of my work pretty much is done at home, so transfering to an area by the beach would be a fun new change.



My other friends have obligations, [Pretty much children] and I dont want them to feel like I am leaving people I love behind, I am saying this in the kindest way possible.... So Im wondering, should I tell them the truth? Or should I say that my boss offered my fiance and I, a position to transfer, and we have the option to go live there [free] for a while. You see I told some of them that I have a %26quot;Boss%26quot; he's pretty much....me...they just dont understand the concept of self employment and how I dig through all this extensive computer research....for 40 hours a week, under my own terms, but somehow when I use the word %26quot;Boss%26quot; it's like %26quot;Oh she really is getting stuff done because she has a 'boss%26quot;...so what do you think?
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
The lie you have been living is that you are the boss you tell your friends you work for. You should be proud of your accomplishments, and letting your friends know that there's are ways up will be good for them too.



I remember what it was like when I was about that age leaving my Chapel Hill friends behind. In reality, I needed to focus on self-improvement, and still keep up with my good friends online or at occasional shows. Yes, you should %26quot;come out%26quot; to your friends as a business owner. Best wishes.
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
Why not tell them the truth - you are a self-employed subcontractor that provides research and other informational assets to various people. As part of that job, you are occassionally asked to move on-site to oversee the jobs (since you work at home to do the research). In this case, your client is provided the housing as part of the contract.



Sine your livelihood depends on you getting work done under deadline, the number of hours worked doesn't come into play as I am sure there are times you have to put in over 40 hours a week, for which you don't get overtime.
  • enabling encryption
  • how to break up with my boyfriend
  •