Friday, October 7, 2011

How do you clean up broken glass that is in sand?

I need to clean up broken glass from assorted beer bottles and such that has been in the yard of a beach house for years. It is primarily on sand and mixed into beach grass. I cannot make any major changes because it is a rental. Any ideas? I want it to be thorough enough for my kids and dog to play.%26quot;
How do you clean up broken glass that is in sand?
You could use a screen with a solid frame to sift out the glass. They make different size holes in screen, depending on how small you want to get. This would also remove any large rocks and pebbles.



I use this method when i sift my compost, to separate the large particles with the black dirt. Anything large I just throw it back to decompose further.
How do you clean up broken glass that is in sand?
shake the sand through a strainer or a colander or a garden sieve.
  • get rid of red eye on picture
  • grow hair
  •