Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?

You see...I do A LOT of research in Real Estate.......and right now I live in the smoggy san joaquin valley of california. This research that I do..entitles me to stay in a home, for a year or more at a time, for free.



I found a home in Long Beach California, where I am working with the owner, and have permission to reside on their property [they're out of state/country owners]. This way the home doesnt get vandalized and we fix it up. I also rent manage other homes for these people as well, and use a real estate attorney quite frequently so everything is legit.



I have this deal all arranged, and have a month or so to decide if I want to pick up and move to long beach. I am 25, have no children, and all of my work pretty much is done at home, so transfering to an area by the beach would be a fun new change.



My other friends have obligations, [Pretty much children] and I dont want them to feel like I am leaving people I love behind, I am saying this in the kindest way possible.... So Im wondering, should I tell them the truth? Or should I say that my boss offered my fiance and I, a position to transfer, and we have the option to go live there [free] for a while. You see I told some of them that I have a %26quot;Boss%26quot; he's pretty much....me...they just dont understand the concept of self employment and how I dig through all this extensive computer research....for 40 hours a week, under my own terms, but somehow when I use the word %26quot;Boss%26quot; it's like %26quot;Oh she really is getting stuff done because she has a 'boss%26quot;...so what do you think?
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
Why do you have to explain yourself to anybody? Do what you want and if your so-called friends are questioning what your doing then they really aren't your friends.



Gotta love that valley huh I grew up in the Central Valley before moving to Fort Bragg.
I'm moving to the beach [for free] but am wondering if I should tell them a small fib to seem more MODEST?
Just be honest with them. You don't need to get all complicated and sneaky!



ps. Enjoy!
If you feel the need to lie to your friends about basic not really important stuff, then what kind of friends are they?



be honest with them. If they are true friends then they will understand. If not, then you don't want to be friends with them anyway.
Lies, no matter how big or small, always come back to haunt you. Your previous lies already have you in trouble now.



You are moving temporarily to Long Beach for your work and will keep in touch and see them soon. End of lies, end of story. You can always run up to the San Joaquin Valley for a weekend to visit your friends.



Why do you make such a big deal out of things and feel this constant need to deceive, invent a boss, etc? Errant nonsense! Put a stop to it right this minute and never do it again. If you %26quot;can't%26quot; stop it, then get the psychiatric help you urgently need. And don't use your friends supposed %26quot;idiocy%26quot; as an excuse for your inventions. They are probably more astute than you give them credit for. Anybody past the age of 12 is familiar with the concept of self-employment.
Real friend understand and the rest of them go blow. If you don't want to flaunt your personal info- then don't but I would assume that most people would understand. Just tell them your moving for work- you really don't have to get in-depth with it if you don't feel like it. I am assuming your friends are jealous or something for you to be afraid to tell them? Just tell them- work and keep it simple. I personally would hate to have your job :) and I hate moving! But everyone is different- I don't think your lifestyle is over the top or anything- so I don't know why your worried about it.
Always side with honesty. That way you don't have to remember what lie you told. Make sure to extend friends an invitation for a weekend at the beach! All should be well.
You might as well fib (lie) about what you are doing because you are already lying about them about your %26quot;boss%26quot;. What's another lie? You don't seem like a friend at all if you aren't honest with people about your life. You say research, I say SCAM!