Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So when ya were younger and used 2 go on Summer holidays with ur parents where was ur favourite place 2go?

We used to go to Salthill,great craic. I used to love playing on the beach..it made a nice change from playing on the bog:)
So when ya were younger and used 2 go on Summer holidays with ur parents where was ur favourite place 2go?
I went to Carlow once.



Never again..... never again.....
So when ya were younger and used 2 go on Summer holidays with ur parents where was ur favourite place 2go?
Galway %26amp; Killarney :)
We went to Donegal a couple of times a year and I loved it. I haven't been near Donegal in years and I keep meaning to get up. If this weather holds up hopefully I'll get up this summer.
My aunt used to have a mobile home on a site in Rush. lol It was just down the road but was next to the beach.We went first week in August every year.

At night we all used to sit outside and the adults would have a sing song and a few drinks and the kids would play about.

Butlins was another one . we could run wild there.

No foreign holidays when I was a kid.
We used to go to Salthill too, stayed in a caravan park and would go to that amusement park place that had the little train thing running around it and a pretty decent ghost train too. No idea if it's still there. Ballyheigue in Kerry was a good spot for the beach - ate my first ever slice of watermelon there and got lost in the sand dunes there when I was 6, scary stuff.
I'm from Donegal and loved heading to the beach in the summertime Portsalon,Rossnowlagh,Downings,fahan %26amp; knockalla are all beaches i fondly remember heading to as a child
We went up near Bettystown every year, and so did most of the cousins. We rented different houses, and there was always a bunch of us having fun together. I remember great sing-songs with a guitar around a campfire just off the beach, and going fishing to Clogherhead, and picking mushrooms in the fields and on the golf course early, and tennis tournaments in the tennis club, and the Saturday night %26quot;hop%26quot; there too, and card games in one of the cousins' houses if it was raining. I don't remember much rain in those days, though.
Bringing back some memories Butsy! Used to go to Salthill aswell, loved it. We used to get taken to a restaurant there (god love us, we never went to a restaurant unless we were on 'holidays') I think it was called The galleon or something like that and they used to have colouring books and crayons for us while we were eating (such luxuries!)



We also went to Tramone (Waterford) and Curracloe (Co.Wexford), but they were only when I was a bit older, when I was really younger I was sent off to my Aunties in the far away land of Tallaght!! Being from South Inner City Dublin we loved Tallaght, we couldn't get over the amount of grass and trees :) such innocent times!!
We rented the same house for the same two weeks every year in ballybunion :) Loved it, went to the beach all day and then annoyed our parents in the pub all night til they gave us money for the arcades :)
We'd stay in a tent, somewhere usually within a 100 mile radius, but Irish weather being Irish weather, it didn't always go smoothly.



We went posh one year and went abroad - we took the tent to Kinross in Scotland.



I'd say I liked Galway best as a summer holiday place, but I still prefer living in Donegal.
Bray, Co. Wicklow.

It was 13 miles from home by train.
Kilkee mostly and Ballybunion too but the hills are deadly aren't they ? :)



been to salt hill loads!
we went to tramore, killarney and ballyheigue (ballyheigue was the best by far) :D