Saturday, June 4, 2011

South Beach Diet-Weight not changing? Help?

I started the South Beach Diet almost one month ago. After doing the 2 week induction...My daily food intake now consists of either a South Beach Meal Replacement Bar for Breakfast or some form of eggs depending on how much time I have. For lunch I have either a grilled chicken salad or a South Beach pizza with a very small salad. Same for dinner. I also snack on sf jello w/ sf cool whip, broccoli with cheese, or turkey slices. I also work out moderately at least 3 or 4 times a week. I have noticed being a bit more firm and toned, but I have not lost one single pound. Please help?! I realize that scales are not the only judge but it would be nice to see SOME weight loss for all my effort.|||Are you measuring yourself? Especially since you are exercising, you may be losing fat but gaining muscle. In that case you may weigh the same, but still be shrinking because muscle is more dense than fat and takes up less space for the same amount of weight.





This is a good thing!





Also, SOME people find that the bars stall their weight loss. Try doing without for a few weeks and see what happens.





This forum


http://forums.lowcarber.org/


is great for people following a low-carb plan, and even has a section specifically for South Beach followers. There are lots of people there who will be happy to help you.|||I am actually going through the exact same thing right now. I started the diet about 2 months ago, after the first two weeks I lost about 8 pounds. Now my weight fluctuates around two or three pounds up and down. I feel like trying another diet.





On the other hand my boyfriend is on the same diet and he has lost 25 pounds and it%26#039;s working out great for him. From my experience I think the South Beach diet is for a certain people.