Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changing my baby's diaper at the beach/shore?

I have a 4 month old baby(my first) and planning to take her to the beach.


I am going to rent a beach umbrella and probably a long beach chair. Can I change her diaper at the beach? Can I lay her on the beach chair or the beach blanket? Or should go to the public restroom and change the diaper there? Which would be etiquette in public?|||Oh goodness, no need to go into the bathroom. Either change her on the chair or bring a towel along and change her on that. No one is going to care, she%26#039;s a baby!





We%26#039;ve had to change our son on planes before. We just pulled out the tray tables, put a blanket down, and changed him. Got no second looks or stares. People don%26#039;t think anything of seeing a baby%26#039;s privates.|||Change her on the chair, just try to keep her as covered as possible while you%26#039;re doing so. Infant or not, don%26#039;t want everyone seeing her privates.|||I agree with Rachel.|||shes a baby, save yourself the walk and change her in the chair, just try to cover up the lady parts!|||I have changed my daughter right on the beach on the beach blanket. Just make sure that you bring some plastic baggies to put the dirty diapers in and dispose of them in a trash can. Most people don%26#039;t care, and will not even pay attention. They understand that it is a young child. They WILL care if you leave the dirty diaper sitting around on the beach though : )|||why%26#039;d rachel get 4 thumbs downs?





I agree, change her right there. cover her up so pervies don%26#039;t look in and she doesn%26#039;t get sand anywhere she shouldn%26#039;t, but that should be easy with an umbrella and a chair. maybe if it was very crowded, like person on top of person, I would go to a restroom, but really, I%26#039;d save myself the hassle and just change her there. should be fine :)|||Its truly up to, whether or not you want to. Its perfectly fine to lay a blanket on the chair and its fine to take her to the restroom. But i advise you before you go on the beach make sure there is a changing station in the bathroom if not stick with putting her on the lawn chair with a blanket under her!!


Have a Fun Time(:|||Its perfectly fine to change her at the beach and even in front of people... no need to go to a restroom. Although you can if you feel more comfortable. Just make sure you dispose of the dirty diaper properly.|||change her there, but cover her up good, some people r weirdos