Saturday, June 4, 2011

At what age is it inappropriate for your child to change into their swimwear right on the beach?

I would say at about 4, but I saw one women who let her 7 and 9 year old daughters change into their swimsuits right in public! What do you think?|||i think the same as you. 4- but not over.


not just for the sake of you child not hitting puberty, doesn%26#039;t stop the weirdos from looking.


for the safety of your child and all the pervs out there, they would welcome any age, and any sex.





the beach has so many people and many likings. i would not give the people the time of day --for looking at my child in any way that is not appropriate.


if you give something to look at,people will take it and thats the wrong impression i want for my family on the beach|||I don%26#039;t think its ever appropriate.|||37 I believe and I think there is a weight limit too.





to each their own, personally I never changed my kids on the beach but I%26#039;ve changed there a few times myself LOL, that sand can be a problem though








rah rah to ****** Kona Kathie ********* (found way below)|||I would say about 4 too.


At 9 you are way too close to puberty for my taste. (I was getting boobs at 10!)|||I would go with 3 or 4. You should still cover them with a towel. If you go any older, some people would be offended!|||I think that is way WAY to old! I agree 4 is the limit and by 3 1/2 they should not even want to be naked in front of others. Something is wrong there that the kids would even do it.|||i agree, 7 and 9 is alittle old, especially with all the sick-o%26#039;s out there. you can%26#039;t be to safe with your little ones. 4 does seem like a good cut off age.|||ew


i agree


i say 4, 5


man she must%26#039;ve been............whoa|||I don%26#039;t think it is right at any age! You can never trust prevs out there, this world is FULL of sick people!|||3|||when they stop wearing diapers.|||i agree. four is about the right age, and when they start going to elementary school then they are probably too old|||I would never and I hate when people do. I don%26#039;t know why but naked children (no matter WHAT age) should do be out in public, its unnecessary and inapropriate.


Sorry to anyone who does this but NO|||I would agree with you also... 9 is wayy too old to be nude in public, and i dont know how the kids are okay with that... i have a 7 year old sister and she refuses to even be topless on the beach even though she has nothing to hide...|||LOL at slim. How about never? Do you know how many pervs roam the beach just looking for that ****? its called the bathroom...weirdo.|||after age 5 (at the most) and i mean most


lol





and i know what you mean i think its gross when people just have their child change just RIGHT THERE in frount of you and their oviously too old to do that.|||I would say 3 or 4 is getting pretty close to the limit. I have been to beaches that didn%26#039;t have changing rooms or bathrooms though, so maybe with a towel around them then a little older. If those girls just stripped naked, then probably not the best choice... There are a lot of sickos out there, plus people should learn a little modesty imo.|||i wouldnt let a child get changed on the beach without being covered - ther are all sorts of wierdos out their


x


o


:)|||with all the freaks now days, men / women get off on children.


Even if they are in there baithing suit , much less naked.


I would have them have there suit under there clothes, and when its time to leave, just go to the bathroom, or let them just have a towel under them.


but if u have to change them there, i say maybe 3ish.


9 ish u start to develop a bit.


that mother is wacky.|||OMG! I had boobs @ 9 ( well just stared getting them) that so gross i dont think that it is ever okay to change a kid on the beach!|||I would say as soon as they can dress themselves they can do it in private I would still do it privately if the child was over 3, personally.|||who cares you are at the beach to relax and have fun.. not get worked up about what someone else is doing...it only becomes a problem if you make it one...








get on with your own life|||certainly nothing post pubecent, probably by 6 they should stop, earlier if they are uncomfotable with it|||I don%26#039;t like doing it now....just because there are some sick people out there. And if I saw some perv staring at my baby, I don%26#039;t know if I could control myself from killing him.


But I%26#039;d definitely say once they are old enough to stand up to be changed, you should have someone hold a towel around them atleast. Or take them to the car.|||um i don%26#039;t think that should ever be considered appropriate|||Frankly, I don%26#039;t see it as an issue for anyone at any age.|||My gosh, I am stunned at how repressed people in the U.S. are about nudity- and we%26#039;re talking about KIDS here! I am American but have lived in Europe for many years. Kids there run around without suits till they are 4 or so, certainly a quick change would be no problem. The women often go topless (although often it%26#039;s not the young, sexy ones, that%26#039;s what%26#039;s comical).





I%26#039;d say that before puberty, at least a halfhearted attempt at holding a towel up should maybe be made, but everyone else on the beach should not be staring, either. It%26#039;s sort of like when a woman breastfeeds in public, she should make some attempt to be modest, but everyone else shouldn%26#039;t scrutinize her overly, either.





I think our attitudes here towards nudity, breastfeeding, and sex are way too represed and unhealthy. Hence, this person actually posting about this as it bothered him/her so much it obviously upset them!!!|||5